My New York Fashion Week
I’ve been very lucky this year and have been invited to attend another of fashion shows. Last week I attended Libertine and Helmut Lang. This week I have a number of others. I started to think about my personal New York Fashion Week Survival Kit and what my must-haves are. I came up with a mix of things that are extra-important because of Fashion Week and things that I always need.
Here’s what I’ll be carrying around throughout the week….
- Poppin Soft Cover: This notebook is one of 3 that we designed especially for fashion week. It was hard to choose a favorite, but I went with this one.
- Poppin Jumbo Highlighters (Assorted): I am a crazy note taker and to-do list maker and I need to highlight the important stuff. Also, I highlighted the shows I will be attending on my fashion week calendar.
- Poppinized New York Fashion Week Calendar: I ADORE the calendar that our graphic design team made for Fashion Week. The one that everyone prints online every year is overwhelming and hard to read. Poppin’s calendar is very clear and user-friendly.
- iPod: Fashion Week involves a lot of running around between the office, Lincoln Center and other places around the city (i.e. Milk Studios). The iPod is good for my walks from Poppin to Milk and any other “commuting” I do.
- Rouge Dior Lipstick #766: I am obsessed with this Dior hot pink lipstick. No matter what I’m wearing and how much of a mess I am, this lipstick makes it a bit better. Plus, hot pink is just fun, especially on dreary winter days.
- SmartWater: I don’t drink soda or coffee, I am a water-drinker all of the time. I take a bottle of water with me everywhere, and the first thing I do when I walk into the office in the morning is fill a glass of water and bring it to my desk. I like SmartWater, tastes good, well-branded, sleek bottles. (Yes, different waters taste differently! Think I’m crazy? Drink SmartWater and then drink a glass of Evian water.)
- Business Cards: I recommend having lots of these on hand, Fashion Week tends to bring around some amazing networking opportunities.
- Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses: I am one of those people who wears sunglasses everyday (just because it’s winter doesn’t mean the sun isn’t out!). I have lots of different sunnies but always end up going back to these, they’re kind of perfect.
- J Crew Classic Ballet Flats: I wear high heels most of the time, but when you are running around New York City that can be a disaster. Flats are ESSENTIAL during NYFW.
- iPhone 4S: I got an iPhone not too long ago, after having been a dedicated Blackberry-user for around 4 years. I have to say, the iPhone is PHENOMINAL for Fashion Week things. (See below list of Must Have NYFW iPhone Apps).
- Poppin Metal Pen: Super sleek and luxe feeling but still unique and fun.
- Aquaphor: It’s winter and chapped lips suck.
- Prada Wallet: Cash, Debit Card, MetroCard, ID, enough said.
- Extra No-Snag Hair Ties: This is important for any long days and weeks. If I’m work late, my hair is inevitably going into a ponytail by 5-6pm. I have long hair and it’s always in my face, I need to be able to pull it back on the go.
Must have Fashion Week Apps: