Want to be more productive in 2012? How about having increased job satisfaction? Or fewer colds? According to Family Circle Magazine’s January 2012 issue decorating your desk can make you up to 32% more productive.
Here are a few simple ways to improve the look and feel of your desk and to start reaping the benefits in no time…
- Frame pictures of things that make you smile. This could be…
- Photos of Family (this includes pets!) and Friends.
- Photos of a place (some ideas are your favorite vacation spot or city or your parents home).
- A painting or piece of artwork you love.
- Make an inspiration board. Print images, quotes and photos that make you happy or that inspire you to have a great, productive day. Find inspiring images in your favorite magazines and blogs or print your favorite pictures off of Facebook. Another great place to find images for inspiration boards is Pinterest. And of course, I highly recommend ordering Poppin’s Fabric Board to serve as the base for your Inspiration Board. You can hang it on your wall or lean it against the side of your cube/or desk.
- Organize your desk at the end of each day. Ever have a day when you get into the office and your desk is completely covered with papers, loose pens, and other miscellaneous stuff and all you want to do is turn around and get back in bed? No kidding! No one likes to walk into a mess, and at 9am you are probably feeling much less tolerant of a mess than you would at, lets say, 3pm (or anytime post one or two cups of coffee). That’s why it is definitely worth it to take 5 to 15 minutes (depending on the current chaos-level) at the end of each day to get organized. I guarantee that walking into a mess-free, organized office will increase productivity.