2. Clean the gunk out of your keyboard.
3. Take a walk. If you can’t make time for an outdoor break, at least force yourself to get out of your seat and take a spin around the office. Bonus points if you tackle a few flights of stairs.
4. Two words: office puppy.
5. If bickering or gossiping is causing you a headache, avoid the toxic coworkers. Use realistic excuses: “I need to get back to this report, it’s due yesterday,” usually works.
6. Revamp your space. Replace that two-decade-old Dilbert comic with a photo that genuinely makes you smile, chuck those useless memos, put aside an hour to fix your filing system, get a plant (if that floats your boat).
7. Toss the menu from the vegan place – it’s just making you feel guilty, you will never order from there.
8. Not a smoker? Take a music break. Listening to your favorite song takes less time than heading down five flights, walking to the designated corner, and lighting up.
9. Set aside a designated Facebook/HuffPo/Times/Gawker half-hour. Get it out of your system. And then, don’t reopen those sites until quitting time. You’ll be happier without the stress and distraction.
10. Take lunch out, if you can possibly get the time. Bring a bag lunch and go to the park, meet friends at a restaurant, take a book and a sandwich to the parking lot. Just get thee out of the office.
Next up: 5 Ways To Stay Happy Later